Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #2441
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Right now, I'm way happiewr witht he PSP's launch in US at least. Way better games, and the PSP on it's own is more fun (Music, movies, pictures) However, I still like the DS's first year line up more. I'm glad I got them both, definitely. However, pocket size is a problem, unless I want both pockets full walkinga round the mall @.@

    And ToS is really good. It's my 6th favorite RPG for sure, right after Skies of Arcadia [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's actually not that cliched. The first 10 hours or so will make it seme that way, but then plot twists will be hitting you all over. And it's got a great atmosphere and battle system, and after SO3's canceling novelty wore off, ToS's combat is many times better. Especially in expert mode. I'd rent it at least, if I were you.

  2. #2442
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, Raij has it. He's also taken an unenthusiastic impression of it so far (although i dont think he's played more than 10 hours), so he may be able to lend it to me if i ask really nicely. Im sure its got to be better than Star Ocean, a game which the more i think about, the more i feel fed up with.

    Meanwhile, i envy you for your PSP, but i really dont know why. There arent even many good games for it yet. I guess the idea of having a handheld with high graphical power appeals to me. Did you get a memory stick to store your music/movies/pictures on?

  3. #2443
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Portable porn. One of three reasons i want one.
    2. Can read manga on it.
    3. Harvest Moon game coming i think.

  4. #2444
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    The value pack came with a 32 MB one I'm going to buy a 256 one though sometime, they're only 45$ (512's are 85 @.@)

  5. #2445
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Xel: Congratulations, that had to be a bet on penis size, laying someone, or something important [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I was going to get a DS right away but now I'll wait till PSP is launched. Let's see, what can you do with both exactly, besides games? Suppose you have a 512 MB memory card (do they require propietary memory cards, or they use a specific standard like SD or XD?). What could you do? Like what kinds of files can you browse? Can you use it to read text files? And is there any way to run programs from the memory cards, yours or not?

    I was thinking of getting a DS after I finish rereading Love Hina if Magister Negi Magi is not yet available, but I might want to wait for the PSP, especially if I can read text files with it (fanfics!).

  6. #2446
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Right now, it really is looking like im going to have to get both. They both offer so much, and very different functions.

  7. #2447
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Currently I'm playing Lords of everquest. It's an awesome strategy. I like the lords and units as well

  8. #2448
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll restart Final Fantasy IX... i'm pretty lost, and i don't think i have level enough right now to beat the enemies...

  9. #2449
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Currently I have no intention of buying either since I haven't heard of games I wanted on either one. Now if a remake of Goldeneye comes out on DS then I'll buy it the day it comes out.

  10. #2450
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    You can use movies, songs, and pictures on it. Not text though, sorry [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    DS has no other memory device, and as of so far, no way to play music or movies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •